Subject: Re: [Leica] do they compare?
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:58:23 -0500

kyle cassidy wrote:

> >I find it interesting the BD quoted the first sentance of my PS but did
> >not have the guts to post the last sentence.  Here is what was left off
> >for those of you who missed it: "I do believe I have a great deal to
> >show for my hard work, along with images:
> >http://w3.one.net/~carleton/dayinyourlife.html  Do your images compare?"
>
> b.d. is one of the LUG's best, and one of the few who actually makes a
> living with his camera. his images can be found at:
>
> http://www.a-day-in-our-life.com/
>
> i would say, that he's even inspirational, judging from the name of mr.
> carlton's photo essay....
>
> b.d. might not always have _tact_, but guts he has a-plenty.

Damn, this is amazoning.  Please believe me when I say that I had NO
idea that BD was doing EXACLT what I am planing to do.  The idea came to
me simply because of the style of photography that I engage in.
Orginially I was calling it "Photographer For A Day", until someone I
told about the idea mentioned the "A Day In The Life" series.  Then I
came up with the concept of "A Day In Your Life Photography".  I knew
NOTHING about BD's work nor his "Day In Our Life" work.

My hole point about "Do your images compare" is that when I see good
work, I have much, much more respect for the person.  Which is EXACTLY
what has happened with my level of respect for BD.

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Thanks, Kyle, but actually I DID respond to the last sentence, noting that I
> have seen numerous Jim Schulman images and they can go up against Mr.
> Carlton's any day of the week - even if Jim doesn't own a laundry list of
> high-priced equipment.;-)

First off, I must have missed your responce.  Second off, would you or
someone be kind enough to send me a link to Jim's work?  If his stuff is
good, I would like to see it!

Sam