Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica M Wrist Strap?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:17:43 -0500

My solution to wrist straps for all my 35mm cameras is to go to EMS (Eastern
Mountain Sports) and buy some very good, but small diameter (fits through
the eyelet, though with a bit of work), climbing rope.  It comes in very
stylish colors, as well as black with silver or gold accents, perfect for
the black M6...  I cut a length that is comfortable for me to put my hand
through, twist it a few times...and then grip the camera very comfortably.
I then burn the ends so they don't fray (or you can run it through the
eyelet first...I find a toothpick helps push it through), push it through
the eyelets to the halfway point, and take the two loose ends, line them up,
and put a simple knot in the end about 2.5" up...and that's my wrist strap.
VERY secure, very easy to use and very very comfortable.

The rope is very inexpensive, and the first one or so I made was a bit
short...so I re-made them, so get a few extra feet...

Austin