Subject: [Leica] 35 Summicron back focusing
From: Fred Rosenberg <fdr@netidea.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:49:49 -0800

Hi All,
	I've been noticing a lot of severe back focusing with my 35 recently
and just put it up to sloppy focusing or advancing old age (mine, not
the lens's).  Just ran a little test with several bodies and lenses and,
lo and behold, it's the lens itself that back focuses.  It was CLA'd a
few months ago and the repairman says nothing he did would have
contributed to this.  It looks like the other 35 I have in terms of
where and how the helical comes to rest and the lens hasn't been dropped
or whacked and doesn't rattle.  Anybody have any idea of what's going on
here and what to do about it?

Fred