Subject: Re: [Leica] Tmax 100 Rules
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:56:48 -0800

I've just gone from Delta 100 to Fuji ACROS 100 and plan to check it out
against Pan F to see how it stands up as a high res film choice.
While i do that I'll also re examine T Max 100 in 35mm to see how it
checks out.

I can't use it with my Hasselblads becuase it scratches in my backs like
the TMY does. ANd no 220.
The pink would no longer be a problem as i fix twice.

But I'd have to use Xtol 1:1 instead of 1:3 and i don't think that would
be too sharp I'd want to try Beutlers instead.
But hey that's no problem!

The look I've seen and gotten from TMX in the past has not been so
great. But that was the deep dark pre Leica even past say 10 years ago.

I was at a photographer friends house the other day and he had a 16x20
on the wall square from Hasselblad and i said:
"TMX?"
and he said "thank you" but i didn't' mean it as a compliment.

It's a look i can spot and i dont really like. A thin look.  But god
knows what they souped it in!?  Beutlers could make it come alive.

And it could be just dandy as 4x5 film in those instant paper things
they've got now.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com