Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] You have to....
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:09:41 -0800

Somehow, now that the photographer's proclivity has been demonstrated,
he's might of become a liability. But then, that's just an opinion. I
might be tempted to follow up sometime down the road, let's say 6-8
months from now, and check on the photographer's status.
On the other hand, one never knows if this was an oblique commentary, by
European interests, on our contemporary situation.
I can recount a recent incident close to me that colors my perception.
Now that Impact Visuals has closed it's doors, the same agency that Bill
Biggart contributed to, a number of us have kept in contact, as many of
the past clients are still asking for images that we as a group
specialized in. On a weekly, or bi-weekly basis, a want list would go up
by email. Apparently. an individual or entity with a .gov address was
also keeping track of the requests. How this was discovered was when
they somehow fell out of the information loop, and starting asking about
the process of being reintegrated in the listing email. As it turned
out, after Impact Visuals folded, one of the former board members used a
forum as a contact point. As this was public forum, why they chose this
method, I have no idea, they could not refuse access. Since then, we
been in contact by private email in addressing these past clients'
requests.
You have to bear in mind that the kind of publications and entities that
asked for imagery ran all the way from the Ford Foundation, to Newsweek,
and Covert Action Quarterly, etc. While some of the clients were, and
are, as mainstream as they get, much of the rest were strong critiques
of the past and current practices that we see in public and, needless to
say, in historical life.
So, just as there is an unrelenting activity at placing as much of this
in public view, there is a just as unrelenting attempt to suppress it
that is not time or place specific.
 Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: SV: [Leica] You have to....)
Message from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: SV: [Leica] You have to....)