Subject: [Leica] XTOL consistency
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:26:56 +0100

A question to the XTOL Xperts: I just devoloped 2 batches of TMX in XTOL
1:1. Same water, same temperature, same XTOL, same time, same everything...
second batch came out "denser". Real highlights & detail in the shadows,
etc. First batch was "light", actually quite flat.

The pictures where made in the same conditions.

This is not the first time this happens to me. To a point where I'm really
considering changing developpers (or film). Any ideas?

Could it be that TMX reacts differently to temperature and age than TX or
other "normal" B&W films? I cannot figure this out...

Thank you in advance.

Tarek

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] XTOL consistency)
Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] XTOL consistency)