Subject: Re: [Leica] With XP-2, why develop B/W?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:36:40 -0500

I didn't develop B&W for eight to ten years and made do with XP, XP2, and
XP2 Super.  The film itself was fine, it was the processing that drove me
nuts.  Scratches, dust, whatever.

Now that I am doing my own B&W the quality is up, the cost is down, and I
can adjust contrast by working the development.  I can also adjust the look
by changing film. When I was a lab junkie you couldn't change film because
then you would be doing it yourself.  Once I started doing it myself the
subject could dictate the film.

Just two cents.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com