Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Mixing
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:33:12 -0800

Pete Su wrote:

> Where I am, it seems like it would be harder to get the special chemicals in
> the XTOL forumla than to just call B&H and order 5 liter packets by mail.
>
> Pete

I'm happy with the packets so far but have mixed from scratch many of my
chemicals in the past.

You can tweak them that way.

Use real eggs instead of powdered eggs. Honey instead of sugar. Some
wheat flower in with the white. (Diversity)
and so on.

I'm interested in an Xtol which would be Metal/ascorbic acid instead of
Phenidone/ascorbic acid.

I kind of like Metol. I think Phenidone is in there because it lasts
longer in the bottles.

I'd like to come up with a Beutlers Xtol. Even higher res. Then I'm
getting now. A simple formula I'm mix before each use from scratch.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] XTOL Mixing)