Subject: Re: [Leica] Crash photo
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:37:32 -0800

>>Interesting series of photos. That driver was lucky to walk away.
>>.Reminded me
>>of a scene from the film 'Crash' where a sub-culture of freaks take
>>.photos
>>of car crashes.
>>Weird and disturbing film.
>>Don
>
>>Ever read the book?
>>Guy

>No, Is it worth it? The film left me feeling disturbed for days and then
>seeing the crash photos brought it all back.
>Isn't it amazing how visceral some art can be. Reaches in a grabs you.
>Don

I think it is definitely worth reading if you found the film at all
intriguing. (As usual, the film pales in comparison with the book.) Ballard
is an unsettling writer, but his "strangeness" I think is positive in that
it is not gratuitous. It is part of his comment on contemporary society.

More interesting than "Crash" is "The Atrocity Exhibition," also by
Ballard. Definitely worth a read IMHO.

Guy