Subject: Re: [Leica] some quick q's from a new user
From: Steve King <stking@duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:25:38 -0500 (EST)

> when needed. Alternatively, stick the whole camera w/lens into a Zip-Loc
>   bag. I assume you don't have a UV filter on the lens or you wouldn't
> be asking the question.

Yes, I mean, no, I don't have a filter, either.
Some good advice, from everyone -- many thanks. If I have
time, I'll swing by Home Depot, and look for a pipe cap;
that might not be a bad permanent solution, in fact!
Otherwise, I'll use the Zip-Loc -- probably a good
idea, anyway, to enclose the camera when I come in
from the cold....

> No. But it doesn't take much pressure on the shutter-release to do the
> job. I had my M6 classic for years before I even knew that B turned off
> the meter (that's what I get for not reading the manual I guess). As you
> can imagine, it is only a problem if you carry the camera in a bag.

Good.

Anyway, I appreciate the tips and suggestions.