Subject: Shutters in digital cameras - was RE: [Leica] RE: The M7d
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:24:58 -0500

Hi Jim,

> But just so you are a little more informed, digital sensors do "not"
> require a shutter...

I agree with that, since I do know how digital sensors work...but...the high
end SLR cameras (like the Canon D30) do have a shutter in them.  What,
exactly, do you believe they are using the shutter for?  The mirror, more or
less, protects the CCD when changing lenses...could it be for dust?

Regard,

Austin