Subject: [Leica] Professional vs. Amateur look (was R vs M6 Prices)
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:00:53 -0800

Dear Ted,

I am trying to look like a professional photographer.  That
way people will take me seriously and think my photography
is real good.  I use a black Leica and wear all black
clothes to look unobtrusive and professional.  I also take
very good care of my equipment so it also looks new and
professional.  But still, no one likes my photographs and
people don't treat me as a professional.  Even black tape
does not help.

Do you think it would help if I wore black gloves instead of
white?  The white gloves are very cost effective and keep
damaging oils and acids from damaging my equipment.  Black
would be more expensive and may have damaging dyes in them.
But cost is no object because I want to look professional
and have people think my photographs are great.

Concerned in California (where I sweat a lot;)

Replies: Reply from "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Professional vs. Amateur look (was R vs M6 Prices))