Subject: Re: [Leica] Anybody got an M4-P or M4-2 top
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:53:40 -0700

The M4's serial number is engraved on the top plate but not the M4-2 and up
cameras. Here is a picture of a M4-P top plate as example:

http://members.fortunecity.com/canoneos/manuals/leicam4p0405.jpg

I hope you will take my personal assurances that my M4-2 also has its serial
number on the hotshoe and that it is indeed a faithful representative of its
name sakes.

John Collier