Subject: [Leica] FS: 21ASPH,35/f2 1st version, 12575, misc stuff
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:56:29 -0500

21/2.8 ASPH. Silver-Chrome. #038230XX.  Mint in box, with papers, case,
hood, front and rear caps but not the rubber cap for the hood which is AWOL.
You can ditch the hood because it won't flare up.  Fantastic lens! Bought
this one new about a year ago.  Comes with black plastic brightline finder
and case.  I bought the finder used and it has some cosmetic markings on the
top.  $1500 USD for lens and finder includes FedEx in Canada and continental
US.  Will trade for 24 ASPH.

35/2 Summicron. 1st version, 8-element. Chrome. With original chrome front
cap but rear cap is a metal non-Leica one.  Recent (6month ago ) CLA. Meant
for an M2 and never had eyes attached to it.  Originally bought from Stan
Tamarkin, who labeled it as Ex+. The barrel shows wear marks but nothing
really excessive.  No oil on aperture blades.  Focuser is smooth, infinity
catch works exasperatingly well and aperture click stops work perfectly. The
optics are clear, free of cleaning marks, scratches, fog and dust except for
a small (maybe 0.4cm square) "coating" defect on the far edge of the front
element that looks like narrow ghost-like fingers creeping into the lens.
It does not appear to be on the front lens surface. This defect was present
when I bought it from Tamarkin and has not gotten any worse in the two years
that I have had it.  I sent the lens for CLAing to Reinhold Mueller who
informed me that  this defect is not fungus or separation but didn't know
what is really was.  It is not noticeable if you shine light right through
the lens, you have to look to one side to see it. IMO and Reinhold's too,
this defect does not affect optical quality.  This lens gives "smooth and
creamy" tonality.   If you believe in bokeh, this lens has nice bokeh.  If
you buy the lens and feel that I have not described it or the coating defect
honestly, I will refund your money minus shipping within a week of receipt.
$650 USD includes FedEx in Canada and continental US.

12575 shade.  For the most part this shade looks mint with fresh and clean
paint EXCEPT for: a) 4 little nicks through the paint the size of a ball
point pen mark concentrated in a single area 1cm x 1cm; b) some of the white
paint on the engravings is gone; b) while most of the velvet is soft and
clean, there are two streaks 0.2cm wide x 2cm long where the velvet has
dried to a stiff consistency. Do not buy this if you want to collect and
display it.  It will, however, make an exceptionally nice and pretty user
shade. $60 USD includes airmail to Canada and continental US.

Leica 39mm UVa filter. #13131. Black. Unused in box and Leica plastic case.
I bought it new a few years ago, looked at it a few times, screwed it into
lens once, took it off immediately and put it back in case. Never been
outside my house. $40 USD  includes airmail to Canada and continental US.

If you email me after 4pm EST Friday, please reply to  landie65@yahoo.ca.
Can provide LUG references on request.  I am in Hamilton, Ontario if you
want to deal face to face.

Jonathan Lee