Subject: RE: [Leica] Professional vs. Amateur look
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:30:05 -0800

Slightly OT

The first, (and almost the last) time I went out with a tripod and an
assistant (wife), with an FM2 on the pod, it was a new photographic
experience.  It slowed me down.  I'd look through the viewfinder.  My
wife would look through the viewfinder.  We'd discuss it.  I'd rotate
the camera a minute or two of arc. We'd look again and discuss it
again.  Finally, I'd squeeze the cable release.

And all this time--there were bystanders present--I had this feeling
of extreme embarrassment that I was (unsuccessfully) trying to
impersonate a professional photographer.

Herb
- --
Herbert Kanner
kanner@acm.org