Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon D100 <OT>
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:11:02 -0800

on 2/22/02 5:41 PM, Jim Brick at jim@brick.org wrote:

> Leica lenses and digital sensors make poor bed fellows.
>
> And as I said in the past, after dumbing down great film lenses, to be used
> with digital sensors, then one lens for a digital sensor is no better than
> any other. The sensor is the great equalizer. All of the fine detail
> recording ability is gone. All of the high contrast at wider apertures is
> gone. All of the lens characteristics that we pay so dearly for is... gone.

No argument from me but if I need to use both a film camera and a digital
camera I'd rather use a single set of lenses instead of duplicating focal
lengths with two systems.  The value of a digital Leica using existing
lenses is in making it possible for a Leica to be the one camera system I
use, not something else.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
www.wildlightphoto.com