Subject: [Leica] P(aris)LUG meeting
From: jeff williams <jeffwill@free.fr>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:00:47 +0100

Paris LUG

Saturday March 16th.

Programme

1/  Meet at entrance to the photo salon at 14:00 - closest station Porte de Versailles, I think,
but I'll check the web site.
(if you want to go earlier just meet us inside the entrance at the same time)

2/ Suggest three or four hours admiring all those gorgeous Paris girls holding up the latest in
still and video "appareils".

3/ Around 18:00 take the metro to the Latin Quarter for dinner together somewhere. This is one of
my favourite places for people
   photos as it simply throngs with locals and tourists all out for a good time.

Best personal recommendation for a Hotel is St. Severin in the Latin Quarter; you don't get much
sleep until 3:00am because of the noise but
the bar opens directly on the street and there are chairs outside which makes picture taking easier
with your Nocti even after three
beers to many  ;-)

Specific notes:

Nathan is uninvited after those smart arse remarks about french organisation   (just kidding
Nathan, you can still come along)
Pascal is univited unless he comes along and buys us all a beer  (Bonjour Pascal  ;-))
Who knows how to contact MrManic aka Anthony?

Specific suggestions:

1/ UK Luggers... Paris is only 44 pounds away on Buzz! Get the plane from Stanstead to Paris, down
the RER and you are there!
2/ USA Luggers.. Paris is only US$200 away on some of those special deals; go on, spoil yourself
with a LUG weekend in Paris.
3/ This is really item 4 in the itinery above, but around 2:00am Sunday we wander along to Place
Pigale to try and get some even more
  interesting shots - Noctilux's only and no wives please!
4/ To humour Pascal we can take this offlist and mail me privately. I'll make up a list of
attendees and send you the URL for the hotel so
you can book directly. Buzz flights are found on http://www.buzzaway.com