Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex Question P/N 16596G
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:32:35 -0500

At 01:08 PM 2/23/02 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>Can someone please look up Leica P/N 16596G and tell me what it is used for?
>
>It looks like a Leica M body mount to some big Male threaded screw mount.  I
>can't figure out what Screw thread it is, or what it is used for......
>
>BTW, if anyone knows the screw pitch, it would be appreciated.....

Frank

I am a bit distressed that you don't own a copy of Lanney's LEICA
COLLECTOR'S GUIDE, which is sorta-kinda a necessity for Visoflex users, at
least until I FINALLY finish my dispositive list of Visoflex fittings,
accessories, types, models, variations, and adapters, and that seems years
off.  (I recently bought a 6.3/18cm Leitz Photar lens, s/n 39651.  Must
date from around 1920, thus predating the original PLOOT by a decade and a
half.  But I bet there's a Leitz adapter ring for it, somewhere!)

UOOND/16596 is the adapter ring to fit Leica M lenses to the Bellows I.  I
believe the thread is 42mm by 0.75mm but I don't have that data immediately
to hand.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!