Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 8 (Nathan): art in Copenhagen
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:05:42 +0100

Hi Ted,

> > http://www.wajsman.com/2002_8.jpg
> >
> > http://www.wajsman.com/2002_8alt1.jpg<<<<<<<<
>
> The main just doesn't seem to be a complete picture? As though the butt end
> is chopped off or something like that, or maybe I want to see more of the
> front end of the statue.

This image is heavily cropped for a couple of reasons: first, because of the
overexposure there is a lot of white sky and the buildings are washed out, so I
needed to crop at the top; second, I had tilted the camera and so needed to
rotate the image about 5 degrees in Photoshop, which necessitated a further
crop. Maybe I went too far, but I felt that all the interesting action is at
the front of the statue anyway.

> However, the alternate has far more going for it as a clean simple
> composition and interesting photograph. So sorry mate, the alternate gets
> the nod as the better of the two.
> ted

Thanks--and your opinion is very representative of the comments I have
received.

Kind regards,
Nathan

- --