Subject: Re: [Leica] Basic light meter recommendation?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:21:50 -0500

Matthew Powell wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good, basic handheld light meter?
>
> It'll be used with my future (planned, subject to change) M4-P and
> Rolleiflex. I've never used a handheld meter, and don't really know what to
> look for. The ones I see getting rave reviews are often in the $400 range or
> better - which is kinda rough on a student.

Sekonic seems to have one at just about every price and feature point
imaginable. The L-208 is really tiny and a nice match for the meterless
M cameras, IMHO. I use one with my M3.

Alternatively, pick up a used Luna-Pro on an unnamed auction site for
under a hundred bucks. The more expensive ones have a flash meter built
in and are digital, which it doesn't sound like you need.

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014