Subject: RE: [Leica] Who's Getting an M7
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:32:36 -0500

My bet is that the demand for an M7, assuming that there is no teething
problem with the shutter or electronics, will be huge.  The closest thing to
compare it to would be when Nikon replaced the F2 with the F3.  There will
be a lot of humming and hawing  about loss of the totally mechanical shutter
and chest thumping regarding the purity of AE, but after a while people will
find some space in their gadget bag for a spare set of batteries and will
figure out that AE that you can turn off is a major convenience.  Most F and
F2 owners eventually succumbed and bought an F3, and I suppose that the same
will be true of M3-M6 owners.

I'll probably get one myself.  I could use a second body, but I'll probably
wait untill it's been in the market for a while just to make sure it isn't
an R4.

Jonathan