Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex question
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:36:55 -0800

At 4:07 PM +1300 2/25/02, Gary Elshaw wrote:
>I got an email from a guy who wants to mount a 560 Telyt to his M, but he's
>using a Viso I in M-mount. I'm totally lost on this configuration as most of
>the data I have is about the II and III. Does he need the Televit or can he
>use the 14182 adapter? Or is this something totally impossible?
>
>Cheers and all the best,
>Gary

Is this a Viso one with an M mount on the front? I didn't think
anything like this left the factory intentionally. I believe all Viso
I's, whether for M's or the LTM, had the LTM on the front.

Anyway, both the 560's (5.6 and 6.8's) only fit the Viso II and III
and the 'flexes. To fit them on a Viso I needs some machining.

The Televit is also intended for the Viso II and III. The 14182 is
purely an extension tube for the 6.8 lenses, and is used between the
front and back sections of the lens. I guess you could take about 3
or 4 of the 14182 extensions, saw the last one off appropriately and
attach it to a LTM flange so that you could then screw the result
into the Viso I.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design