Subject: [Leica] OT: Canadian drug prices
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:51:15 -0700

No price controls on drugs up in Canada though there are other factors
involved. The Canadian government is under tremendous pressure to reduce the
length of drug patents.  The drug companies may be pricing drugs cheaper in
Canada to try and stop this. Our hospitals are publicly funded with fixed
budgets and this also puts pressure on drug companies. Finally we have VERY
aggressive no-name drug manufacturers which helps keep everybody reasonable.

John Collier