Subject: [Leica] Digital Too Little Too Late?
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:28:41 -0800

Anyone else think that a May delivery on the 4 mb Digilux is too little
too late?

The specs make it look like a kissing cousin to the Canon G2.  I hear
that the sales of the G2 fell off when the 5mb/6mb cameras hit the
market.  Like it or not, I think the consumer/prosumer market is driven
by that spec (and price).

BTW, a comparison test of a scene at 8x10 shot on a N**900 and a
N**5000 showed no practical difference.  My conclusion, 3mb to 5mb
wouldn't make much everyday difference unless you plan on really really
big enlargements or lots of cropping.

The just released financials make it clear that the lack of a consumer
digital camera really hurt the bottom line at Leica.