Subject: [Leica] PAWS and alternates
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:19:13 -0600

For what it is worth, I'm starting to recognize that we're not editing our
stuff closely enough.   I'm guilty of it; this very week, I did not think
either shot was strong enough, and I ended up posting a two-fer.

Jeffery posted multiple shots, even Kyle is into series.   Kyle's question
does beg an answer,  "When is it an idiom and when is it a rut?"

I know I have high weeks and truly low weeks, but I do promise that no
matter what I post, it is the best I have in hand on Monday morning.

A couple weeks ago, I posted that dreadful shack shot, but it was the best I
had.  Two days later, I had George and his Dragon costume.  I posted it just
as a gallery entry, though it was clearly the finest thing I'd shot since
Christmas.

It was my "real Photo A Week", but I had missed my self-imposed deadline of
Monday.

I shoot lots of stuff, but some of it never makes the page, and some never
gets posted.

A couple of examples of shots that didn't make photo of the week, even
though they made me feel good to shoot them.
http://www.sonc.com/shopping.htm

http://www.sonc.com/ilsashops.htm

and finally, my lovely wife Kathy bakes all our bread, every week, even
though she's a busy Mom of two boys, and a Public Health Nurse, and has to
put up with me.

http://www.sonc.com/bread.htm

Anyhow, enough of the these ramblings, I just want to urge you (and me) to
become a little choosier about the stuff we show.  Maybe an alternate each
time, then, if you have another you like, post it at another day of the
week.  BUT, that said, if you truly have a series of shots that work
together, by all means, post them as a series.

It'll make the PAW more enjoyable, I promise.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com