Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Jeffery PAW - Week 9 (the third chess tournament)
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith@dcc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:48:59 -0600

Sometimes critics (I'm using that term in a positive manner) point out some
nuances in the picture that totally escaped me. In one of the earlier chess
series, a nice fellow from Italy pointed out that one girl had all of her
chess pieces (her opponent's war casualties) neatly lined up along the
board, as if displaying them to demoralize the opponent. I was never able to
look at that picture the same way; it became my favorite all of a sudden.

Some of the PAWs that I post have technical problems (something wrong in the
background, etc.) but they still seem to be the best of the lot for that
week. I post it anyway, flaws included so that it is done and I can move on
(I don't mind learning by my mistakes). After all, if Richard Bachman had
discarded all of his early fiction, he couldn't have cleaned up on it later
under his real name.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA