Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:55:27 -0500

Adam,

I am a commercial photographer using 2 R8s and 2 M6s and about a dozens
lenses. The R8 is a great camera. Simple, elegant, nice compliment to the
Ms. Bought for the glass, the R8s have exceeded expectations and are fine
cameras that force you to think. Brightest viewfinder available in an SLR.
Did I mention the glass? I'm a former Nikon F5/F3/F2AS owner and rarely if
ever pine for them since getting the R8s. But that's me.

Remember: there is no more (hyper) critical list than the LUG. Buy what you
enjoy and forget the naysayers.

Most important: have fun!

David W. Almy
Annapolis

P.S. Happy to answer any questions off list.