Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 and the Antireflection Coating on the VF Windows
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:25:03 -0500

> Frank Filippone wrote:
>

>> Is there someone that could ask Leica if the improved windows on the M7 VF
>> can be installed on the M6TTL?
>>
>> According to the Literature, these M7 windows are antireflection coated to
>> reduce glare.....This would be a good improvement to our present cameras.
>>

> I would be amazed if the couldn't as it is the same size window and must be
> a replaceable item.

I also wonder if this anti-reflection coating has already been installed
from the factory on the late model M6TTLs. Because both M6TTLs that I bought
last june do not have any flare. It would seem quite likely because if they
have had the coating from a year ago on M7s that have been out in the field
testing then it seems like a discovery they would have put on the M6s as
well.

sl