Subject: [Leica] Available Lenses
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:21:05 -0600

This is my first posting to the LUG.  I've been a lurker for a little
over a month, and am very much enjoying these spirited exchanges.  I
became a Leica owner when an entirely undeserved M6 TTL was dropped into
my lap by my late father-in-law.  My camera prior to this was a Kodak
point and shoot.  Obviously, it is not a just or fair universe in which
we live.  However, I am reading voraciously, attending photography
classes, and following the LUG and various online resources to try to
become worthy of this magnificent feat of engineering.
The camera came with a 50 mm collapsible Summitar that I have been very
happy using.  However, I'd like to acquire a longer focal length lens to
take family photos; everyone here is aggravated by my constant intrusion
into personal space to properly frame my photos, and my year old
daughter tries to poke the lens.
Right now, Leica lenses seem beyond my price range, particularly new
ones.  I've seen some nice photos done with Zeiss lenses.  Can they be
adapted to the Leica?  If so, where would one find an adapter? Other
recommended lens and how to adapt them?  I've searched the LUG archives
and done online searches vainly trying to find enough information, and
camera shops online don't provide this sort of information.  I'm a babe
in the woods here; any guidance members of the LUG can provide would be
much appreciated.
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Available Lenses)