Subject: [Leica] Re: compensation (was Real M7 hands on...)
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:54:42 -0500 (EST)

i can never compensate for unpredictable things like kids and animals
with slow cameras (like the contax T2).  once i was fooling around at
work and took a picture of a coworker jumping off a file cabinet from
below (yeah that's what us hard-working hard-playing wall-streeters do
for fun).  i recall pushing the artificial sapphire button and then
yelling "jump!"   after a few tries, the photo turned out perfectly.

as for driving two cars, i was taking my family back from a 2-hour
drive on the shore this weekend in the family truckster chevy
suburban.  everyone was asleep but me.  i drove up a road i drive up
every day in my commute with the corvette, a 45 degree turn on an uphill.
damn near rolled the thing over.  and my wife says my car is unsafe.

as for the M7, i didn't think i was in the market, but erwin's review
was quite intriguing.  now if they could only make one with the proper-sized
top plate and the shutter speed going the right way...

if the M7 made the exposure reading right before tripping the shutter, it
would be a heck of a camera in use with conjunction with the viso.
an anachronistic pairing indeed.

- -rei