Subject: Re: [Leica] Available Lenses
From: Mike Gil <dtt2150@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:44:32 -0800 (PST)

Michael,

I would also put my vote for the tele 90 2.8 its a
great lens fits in your pocket, really sharp.  Unless
you need speed, its a great $500 lens.

I don't know about subscribing to the LHSA, the
magazine is horrible at $50 for a quarterly
publication. Get National Geographics, you'll learn
more looking at all the great photography.

I use to be a member off and on of the LHSA hoping the
magazine would get better but it has just gone down
hill.  The articles are full of empty space or big
type to fill space.  Most articles are so esoteric as
to be worthless to users and collectors.  I think what
did it for me was the long article on how to shoot
really bad flash pictures in a liquor store. Or any of
the other articles on how to take bad pictures with a
black paint M3.

If you want to look at a specialty magazine that
delivers every month and cost $40 try the American
Orchid Societys journal "Orchids".  Gorgeous color
photography and articles for every level of interest.
Also at the end of the year you get a great calendar.

mike gil