Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:46:24 -0800

From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>

> I wonder if the people who complain about the size of a R8 have actually
> compared them to the pro level cameras of the competion.  A R8 with motor
> is smaller and lighter than an EOS 1V with booster or a Nikon F5.

Those who complain about the R8 (your truly included) do so mostly because
of the ergonomics and not the weight. The camera must fit comfortably in the
hands.
I have tried the R8 and it feels like holding a brick. On the other hand I
experience no discomfort with Nikon or Canon (I have a Canon 1n). I am sure
that for some people the opposite is true.
Of course, those accustomed to the M cameras find the R8 and most reflexes
too heavy.

Joe

Message from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8)