Subject: Re: [Leica] Real M7 discussion of lag time
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:55:42 -0800

Mike Gil wrote:

> Feliciano,
>
> Show me the negatives.  I think very few photographers
> even in the day of the great Life magazine had much
> control over their pictures.

I believe the title of the book was "the artless art" or something in
that
direction. To me it mostly looked like his personal work. Lot's of
travel shots etc.

>Just look at some of the pictures the grain structure is
>so bad that it had to  be a cropped picture.

Actualy I noticed that on a few of the plates. The grain seemed
pretty big, but I assumed the film had been processed in something
like Rodinal.

>Know his current work is printed full frame, maybe.
> But that didn't make him famous or great.  I think his work goes beyond how
> tighly he frame his pictures.

Framing is important, but of course there is much more to his work than
that.
I was surprised, because when I got my IIIc I managed to crop foreheads
and
ears left and right. Over time I've gotten better at guessing parallax
and the
VIOOH finder has made a big difference.

>It's not hard to make false frame lines with out Photoshop.

Obviously. I fake things for a living.

cheers,

feli