Subject: [Leica] M7 interests
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:09:06 -0800 (PST)

Since this is FS day, I figured I'll pitch in as well.

I might (keyword : might; not affirmative) be able to
get some M7s from a non-U.S. Leica dealer. These M7s
of course will not carry the U.S. passport warranty,
but does have international warranty. I'm not a camera
dealer, but does at times buy/sell through Ebay in
recycling my own equipment.
Check my feedback "henryting@earthlink.net".

Depending on the demand volume of the M7, the price
for non-U.S. distribution might fluctuate. We know the
M7 will be priced anywhere from "list" to inflated
amount depending on demand. Here in U.S., official
dealers are charging anywhere between $USD2300 to
$USD3000. I am almost certain that the price I get
will be below "list" and even better if volume speaks
for itself. I know, kind of contrary to any business
practice of driving up pricing as much as the market
can bear if the demand is high.

If anyone here is game for an M7, just drop me a line
at henryting@earthlink.net. This will give me an idea
of the demand and pricing that I could expect.

As I said, nothing definitive and no commitment on inquires.