Subject: Re: [Leica] Base plate latch - tip for those lacking fingernails
From: rheyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 19:16:32 +1000

I have been using M6s for eight years and have an even more simple solution to
carrying around a plectrum (pick) to open the base plate. Double a piece of
dental floss and tie that to the "D". It's always there, it's very strong and it
stayed there until the camera was stolen four years later. The first thing I did
with the new camera was tie another piece of dental floss to the D.

I must admit that using two pieces in just four years may seem a little
extravagant, but what the heck, you only live once.

There must be a miriad of strange little do-dads and methods that we all use
that may assist others. Does anyone else have examples? I, for instance sewed a
small piece of soft cleaning cloth to the back of some of my ties so that I
could keep the viewfinder clear of fingerprints at weddings.

Rob