Subject: Re: [Leica] Intro + pics
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 06:47:30 -0800

on 3/2/02 4:47 AM, Grant Heffernan at streetphoto1975@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm sorry, but that funny... you just confirmed what I wrote origninally. It
> might be a history, having 2 generations living in a house that was built in
> 1905, but where I grew up, houses built in 1905 are a dime a dozen. My town
> was founded in 1689, and there are still many houses dating from that
> period, and tons more from the early 1800's.
> But, I'm just a history buff. I'm sure CA is lovely, it's just not for me,
> for a variety of reasons. In fact, even MA doesn't have enough old stuff for
> me... I head off to Europe to find the really good stuff :)
>
> -Grant
> http://www.photoslave.com

If you want to search back much earlier than my neighborhood you'll have to
research the maidu natives, whose history goes back thousands of years.
History isn't all old buildings or euro-centric culture, ya know...  nothing
against what turns you on... but it's because of the maidu's culture of
living an integrated life with the land there was no need for permanent
structures for their towns.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
www.wildlightphoto.com