Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 spotting in the Rome Zoo
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:11:02 +0100

>I am just back from a week in Rome. It was a business trip but I added some
>days of leisure time to it, so could walk around and visit the usual places.
>Since I was traveling light, I could only take the Minilux with me. This
>little devil keeps amazing me.
>
>While in the Zoo at the Villa Borghese park, I spotted a guy with an R8 plus
>Macro-Elmarit-R 100/2.8 APO (no winder or motordrive).

One of us maybe ? ;-)

Same thing happened to me once in Paris, just the other way round. I
was the guy spotted. Let me repeat the same question I asked the
person posting here on the LUG having spotted me in Paris.

Why did you not approch the person with the Leica, introducing
yourself as a Leica fan and LUGer? If you had approached me I would
have been quite pleased (especially if you had brought your wife
along as I only know her from the marvelous photos on your website).
- --
Christer Almqvist
D 20255 Hamburg and / or
F 50590 Regnéville sur Mer