Subject: [Leica] RV: birds and flowersl
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:11:06 +0100

>In the five or so years that I have been on the LUG in an increasingly
>passive sense, I have indeed witnessed incredibly bad behaviour and
>uncivilized acts. I have been the target of a long line of mudslingers.
In
>all cases the mud was composed of nasty ad-hominem remarks, combined
often
>with  the accusations of being paid by leica do conduct  their PR.

The headline of this message has been changed to avoid beeing censured

Erwin

I've been just for a year in the LUG so I do not know if such a horrible
behaviour happened before my arriving. By now I have just seen some
questions asked for B.D., not very embarrasing for technical journalist
specialized in a brand, that have been replied and he apologized for his
doubts. Nothing horrible.

Let me anyway to point out to you that, having had curiosity, I've read
the Test report about M-7 which BTW I do not plan to buy. Erwin this is
not at all a report, this is an information about features plus some
sentences that could be written for an advertising leaflet. OK you are
an independent technical writter, but when I was in my job, industrial
purchasing, I would not have accepted such reports but other much more
critical. As you have said, you are a independet man, but I'm still
awaiting the explanation of some defects you could have found in this
camera besides the praises.

And all this is constructive, not necessary for somebody to get angry.
If you write you have to await some critics, is part of your job. Not
everybody is a blind fan of photographic equipment. Myself I can
perfectly purchase a M7 but, having a M6, paying such a ammount just for
getting a AE feature!

Kind regards

Felix

PS I've read some of your books and I've found them very interesting.
But for Leica tests I`ll await the Mr. Ronan Loaëc reports.