Subject: Re: [Leica] International warranty
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:55:52 -0800

On 3/2/02 1:41 PM, "SthRosner@aol.com" <SthRosner@aol.com> wrote:

> You pay a relatively small premium for the peace of mind of
> knowing that if anything happens to your camera/lens - ANYTHING - Leica USA
> will take care of it.

I've made this point before. The Passport warranty does NOT cover you if
ANYTHING goes happens. You are not covered in the cases of fire, theft, or
any loss in which you cannot recover the part of the camera or lens bearing
the serial number. My guess would be that these are probably the most common
types of loss - and with only Passport coverage, you're out of luck.

Bryan