Subject: RE: [Leica] Simple camera recommendation for new users
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:18:49 -0000

Adam Bridge wrote:

"I have a nephew who would enjoy exploring black and white photography. He
wants
to spend $300-$400 for a camera.

I'm thinking an older Nikon SLR would be a good thing - lots of lenses built
for
him to chose from - the older models aren't loaded with electronics, etc
etc."

Nikon FM2n. Easy to find used in your price range. Only recently
discontinued, so lots of spares and easy to get fixed. An F3 might be an
alternative, I bought a pretty good F3 with 50mm 1.4 AIS Nikkor last year
for less than your maximum figure.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The genius is the one who plays most like himself." - Thelonius Monk.

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Simple camera recommendation for new users)