Subject: [Leica] Doesn't ALL Leica gear originate from a "Leica Authorized Dealer"????? - Was International warranty...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 10:04:10 -0500

> If you buy Grey Market gear, you're not buying the gear from the dealer
> authorized to sell that gear.

Well, that's not necessarily true.  If I buy a camera from a Leica
authorized dealer who is not in this country, it is considered grey...

All this BS about warranty is, well BS, IMO.  Any HONORABLE company will
honor a warranty for the period of the warranty, period...and without fuss.
I even believe it shouldn't matter whether it's the first owner or not (as
some companies make claim that that is an issue)...what, and the only thing,
that should matter, is when the item was first purchased...and as I said,
Leica DOES know that.

A Leica camera/lense/accessory HAD to come, in the first place, from a
"Leica Authorized Dealer" AT SOME POINT IN TIME...unless someone STOLE it
from the factory!  And...according to LEICA, they KNOW when the item was
sold by their "Leica Authorized Dealer" in the first place.

Is there any way, aside from theft, for a piece of Leica gear NOT to come
from a "Leica Authorized Dealer"?

Austin