Subject: RE: [Leica] MOVIE LEICA SIGHTING - 'We Were Soldiers"
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 10:34:12 -0500

Marc - In re-reading what you wrote, and what Dirk Halstead wrote, I
realized that he, rather than the movie, 'got it wrong' to begin with. The
battle depicted in the movie was fought by the 1st of the 7th, as I stated.

He also got something else quite wrong - I believe. In his review he states
that the movie incorporates Galloway's photos of the battle - actually, I
believe that the stills thrown up on the screen at one point are, in fact,
stills shot during the filming of the movie...they sure seem to be of the
actors we've been watching.;-) Also, looking through the book again, there
are only a tiny handful of Galloway photos in the photo section - and they
aren't very good. One has to assume that if he had more and they were
better, they'd be in the book. It's my understanding Galloway was, and has
always been, a reporter. During the Vietnam war he, like most reporters,
carried a camera or cameras with him, and took photos. But as we know, that
does not a photographer make.;-)

B. D.