Subject: RE: [Leica] Holy Doodle: grey market equipment
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:38:03 -0700

> No I never said that Austin. If you send Leica NJ grey equipment
> and insist
> on warranty repair, they will ship it to Leica AG for you to have
> it fixed.
> You will have to pay for the shipping as that is not included in the
> warranty.
>
> John Collier

this is exactly what happened with my M6. the wording on the warranty being
as Austin says. I bought the camera in England, emigrated to Canada. It fell
of table and bent the silly little rewind knob.

Sent it to Leica Canada under warranty. They sent it to Leica Germany and I
had to pay shipping.

tim a

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Holy Doodle: grey market equipment)