Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty survey.
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:08:10 -0500

At 01:07 PM 3/4/02 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:

>Well, I know I CAN win.  In MA, I can sue any company in the US here
>locally.  No, I do NOT have to go to that state to sue them.  We have a long
>arm statute that is invoked via what is called a "93A" demand letter.

You might want to check out the Volkswagen and Grey Hound cases in the US
Supreme Court, Austin.  If there are not "sufficient minimum contacts"
between the forum state and the company, then you have to chase them to
their home state.  I do recognize that Leica has established the "minimum
sufficient contacts" with your Commonwealth to be sued there.

But your basic statement is a gross over-characterization of the current
state of the law.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!