Subject: Re: [Leica] Warranty survey.
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:18:07 EST

darkroom@ix.netcom.com writes:

> > He just
>  > doesn't see any individual consumer can win, without
>  > legal representation in "class action" lawsuits.
>
>  Hi Henry,
>
>  Well, I know I CAN win.  In MA, I can sue any company in the US here
>  locally.  No, I do NOT have to go to that state to sue them.

Two different issues, Austin. You're talking about jurisdiction; Henry is
talking about class actions. To form a "class" that can be certified in a
class action, all of the factual and legal issues underlying the claim, other
than actual amount of damages of each individual plaintiff class member, must
be identical for all plaintiff class members.

There is a third issue: the amounts are so small comparatively, that it will
cost too much in legal fees to be worthwhile and it will be impossible to
find a lawyer to take such a matter on a contingency basis.

Let it lie.

Seth      LaK 9