Subject: [Leica] FOM2: The Family of Man 2
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:52:36 +1100

Hi all,

its time for an update on the FOM2. I hope you have all visited the
site and know about the project. If not, I would encourage you to do
so.

http://www.familyofman2.com

  As the group will tell you, this may be a wonderful chance for any
of you to get your images up into a large exhibit --- I say may,
because we are not offering any promises, only establishing a project
worthy of the concept, and then we can let it run. Last year we had
775 entries, and now have a 100 image library for year one from these
images. Year two is now up and running, and you have until October to
be part of the second selection.

Briefly, it is almost 50 years since the original retrospective
exhibition was opened, and here at the LUG, we have developed a 5
year project to finish 50 years after the original opened. Our
project is "prospective", and is designed to look at the world we
live in, through "leica-users" eyes. Anyone is welcome to join, and
although I will have to limit the number of entries from individuals
this year (at the moment, I suspect we may need a limit of around 15
or so), there is plenty of scope for all of you to express something
of life around you or on your journeys.

Any questions or comments, please use FOM2 in your subject, as it
will make sorting e-mail more reliable.

ps: KEEP WORKING ON YOUR HARD COPIES OUT THERE. I'll be out to nag
you in the next few days, as I sort out my study, redo my home page,
and set up the home page for FOM2 again.

Cheers

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] FOM2: The Family of Man 2)