Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty survey.
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:16:49 -0500

> Austin,
>
> Have you thought about calling Leica USA and asking them what their policy
> is?
>
> Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Someone in Leica MAY know, but that doesn't mean they are going to tell me
the legally correct story.  As I am sure you well know, what a company says
(intentionally or unintentionally), and what their "contracts" may claim,
may or may not be entirely legal (as end user license agreements for
software has clearly shown).

As I believe it's been posted here, though Leica MAY claim I MUST send in a
signed etc., the US law may only require I have a proof of purchase, or even
simply the serial number which shows that the item must still be under
warranty...

I am, of course, not trying to say they, or anyone, should honor a
fraudulent claim...but if the item IS under warranty, one should not have to
"play games" to get that warranty work done, in a timely and correct manner.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Warranty survey.)