Subject: RE: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 9 - skiing snapshots
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:35:57 -0500

But Robert, the slide looks just fine on the light table! This is just an
example of the fact that even a fairly decent scanner like my Nikon LS-2000
cannot cope well with slides that have a very wide range. You'll have to
take
my word for it, the slide looks beautiful when projected or laid on the
light
table.

Nathan
- --

I wonder if the scanner is really the problem, Nathan. The real question
here is; how does the slide look when printed? Many slides look terrific on
the light table or projected, but don't quite cut it when it's time to
print. You might well find when printing that you run into the same problem
you did when scanning - your daughter my be just enough underexposed to make
getting a really good print - or scan - impossible, even though she and the
photo look great on the screen or with light streaming through the slide on
the light table.

B. D.