Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - Adam's Week 9 - Hatrack
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:41:23 +1100

>Adam,
>
>The hatrack comes out quite dark on my monitor, the way you describe
>your intent.
>But I find the image somewhat unbalanced, with all the brightness on
>the right. I
>like the second alternate much better, there is a lot to look at but
>it does not
>seem messy.
>
>Nathan
>
>Adam Bridge wrote:
>
>  > My contribution for the week 9 PAW is now up.

http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/hatrack.jpg

Funny thing life. I usually agree with Nathan, but here I'm the
complete opposite. I like the splash of light on the right to balance
the image and to give detail to the wood grain. My "complaint" is
there is too much on the left of the coat hook. I'd crop it re-centre
it or move in closer a bit.

http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/still-life.jpg

alt one is nice, but too obvious -- looks too much like something I'd
take, whereas there is more "thought" given to the first image

http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/skyballs.jpg

alt two appeals to my idea of self portraits, but might have had more
power with colour -- we will never know ;-)

- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com

http://www.familyofman2.com