Subject: [Leica] Re: Photoshop Elements (WAS: Nathan's PAW 9 - skiing snapshots)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:05:27 +0100

Sonny,

Thanks for trying. I am going to attempt the procedure suggested by Tina.
While I have been using Photoshop for 2-3 years, I have never used the more
advanced tools--all I do is simple stuff like Levels, cropping, unsharp
masking.

You mention Photoshop Elements. I just bought an Epson 2450 flatbed
scanner, and this software came bundled with it. Given that I already have
Photoshop 5.5 on my computer, is there any reason for me to install
Elements?

Nathan

"SonC (Sonny Carter)" wrote:

> Nathan,
> I tried the Coming out of the shadows plug-in on your picture, there
> are built in stops, you need to push the go button each time that
> happens.  I was pretty dissatisfied with the way it affected your
> picture, the background really blew out badly, and there was flare
> introduced around her face.  Maybe this isn't the type of shot that
> works so well with it, or maybe I was misunderstanding the tool.
>
> In Photoshop elements, there's a tool called "fill-flash" that might
> work better.
>
> Sonny

- --
Nathan Wajsman